Friday 11 September 2009

A Good, If Hectic, Week

I have to say Holly seems to be absolutely thriving at her new school.

She is becoming very independant and has even started walking (most of the way) home from school. She is enjoying most of her lessons (some are just regarded as "boring!") and has made lots of new friends.
Her uniform has also had a bit of a makeover too. As you can see from her picture on the previous blog she was very tidy and studious looking. When I picked her up the other day her uniform had altered somewhat. The skirt had dramatically shortened to well above her knee, her shirt was hanging loose and she was very pleased with herself! Seeing as most of her peers also look like this I am not too bothered, I have faith that school will put a stop to any overt flouting of rules and I am pleased she is finding a "look" for herself. I did tell her I did exactly the same when I went to school but she just gave me a disdainful look and laughed. I don't think she believes I was ever cool!

It has been a very hectic week. Izzy started pre-school on Thursday and she was a dream. She went straight in and had a wonderful time. This morning, however, was a different matter. After telling me all morning that she wasn't going to go to school she had to be prised from my leg screaming. Although this was horrible I am quite used to it. Holly spent the whole time in pre-school, nursery and reception (3 years!) crying and being prised off me. I had visions of her being a teenager and still crying going to school! Izzy came out today and told me she had a great day so I am hoping she will settle quickly.

After getting the girls out from under my feet Harry is proving to be a bit of a challenge. He is totally adorable but is becoming a very naughty boy. He has very definite ideas of what he wants and certainly makes them known! He is so cute that it is very difficult to tell him off and even when I am being stern he just laughs at me. This is my next challenge so any ideas would be welcome. I am relying on enrolling him into the creche at the gym to instill some discipline. I am sure this is probably not the right thing, but hey, it works for me!

Next week is the start of radiotherapy. After everything Holly has been through I am sure she will sail through this. Even if only for the fact she will be missing 3 weeks of school!

PS - TV is nearly up! Plastering is done, painting has just been finished tonight. TV is going up tomorrow. Ben is very excited.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Waterville Co Kerry.
    John and I are so pleased with Holly's progress.
    May life continue to get back to normal for you all.
    All our love John and Margaret xxxx

    ReplyDelete