Friday 4 September 2009

New School


A day of mixed emotions.

Holly started her new secondary school today.

I must admit to feeling a bit apprehensive about this new step. For 6 months we have lived our life inbetween Addenbrookes and home. Our world has revolved around chemo appointments, tests and blood counts. I have had Holly with me pretty much the whole time. I have cared for her, done her meds, changed her dressings and have been with her all the time. I now have to take a step back and let someone else care for her during the day. I thank God that I am in this position. I am thankful that she is well enough to start school with all her classmates. 6 months ago I doubted that we would get to this point. She is so ready for this, she has missed this normality. She needs this normality.

She has been remarkably calm and collected about the whole thing. It was only a short day but she has worn a uniform for the first time in 6 months and thoroughly enjoyed her day. She got her timetable and met the rest of her clasmates. She has been the same as everyone else. Life feels good today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great photo! Kerry - you must be so proud. Holly, good luck in your new school - you will probably see Jayden there next year! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i don't know you or Holly personally but my little boy Cristian has just started reception at St.Pauls and i just wanted to wish Holly and yourselves the best of luck our prayers and thoughts are with you. Holly looks very smart in her new uniform and here's hoping she enjoys secondary school lots! Best wishes Mrs Elena Riga xxx

    ReplyDelete