Wednesday 2 September 2009

MRI Results

One of the team from Addenbrookes called with Holly's results today.

All great news!

The MRI showed more improvement, this is great because the previous scan had also showed great improvement and meant Holly didn't need to have surgery.
Her MIBG scan (this shows any neuroblastoma cells in the body) was also normal.

I am so relieved to get this phone call out of the way. I know that the team all get together and have a big meeting on a Wednesday to discuss all scans and test results, so I was half expecting a call today. It was such a relief to hear the words that told me all was going well.

It has been a very good day today and I intend to break my not drinking during the week promise, and celebrate with a very large glass of wine.

PS...Ben is also very happy tonight as his new huge tv has been delivered. This tv is not just a tv. In order for him to be allowed it, I, very nicely, insisted it needed to be wall mounted to avoid Harry being crushed. This has resulted in the old fireplace being removed and the chimney breast needing to be replastered. This is happening tomorrow and it then needs to be painted! So his new tv has meant a rather large DIY job! Thanks to some lovely and talented neighbours this has been pretty painless. I am sure Ben has great visions of the children watching Disney films in HD but I fear he will be disappointed when Fireman Sam (in non HD!) is demanded.

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled thrilled thrilled

    Great news to start the day.

    Well done Holly.

    Enjoy the home cinema x

    ReplyDelete