Monday 31 August 2009

A Normal Week


Sorry I haven't written much but it has been a very non eventful week. Holly is feeling great and eating really well.

She had a fun day on Thursday last week as she was going to Megan's for sleepover part 2. They went bowling during the day and were then had to be told to go to sleep when they were still up at 1am! She has had a ball, as you can see from her picture. They then went shopping by themselves on Friday and, as usual, Holly managed to spend every penny given to her. She reminds me of the film Brewsters Millions (sorry if anyone is too young to remember that!)

She has also been in our local paper once again. I had written a letter to them to nominate Holly for the Child of Courage award in the Community Awards and thought no more about it. Next thing I know she is on the front of the paper and my letter is printed in an article inside. This was done to publicise the awards. I must admit to it being shamelessly soppy, and I really didn't expect it to by printed in the paper so felt somewhat embarrassed. However I have had nothing but positive comments, and Holly is quite pleased to be in the news yet again.

This week will see the build up to Holly starting her new secondary school on Friday. She is very excited and not at all nervous. I am sure I will be running around getting the last few essential items all week. We are not in Addenbrookes at all this week (as far as we know!) so heres hoping for a peaceful run up to Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Brewster's Millions! What a classic.

    Best of luck starting your new school Holly. Will be thinking of you.

    As for the Davies 4? Seniour 2 still nursing hang overs from weekend of partying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Holly! Great news. Wishing you loads of luck in your new school. We will definately be voting for you in the child of courage awards......XX

    ReplyDelete