Monday 3 August 2009

Go Neil!!!!!!!!


Wow, what an amazing weekend!

Our very good friend Neil (Hollys friend Megans dad) was competing in the London Triathlon on Sunday at the Excel Centre. This comprises a 1500m swim in the Thames, a 40km bike ride and a 10km run. He was doing this for Cancer Research and Holly. Wow...

He has been training hard and we all turned out to support him. It was an amazing atmosphere, all these people pushing themselves to the limit, most for charity. Martina (Neils wife, who also arranged the huge benefit disco for Holly) had arranged t-shirts for everyone with Hollys picture on and Neil had the 3hr barrier to beat. We waved him off to the start with cuddles from his girls, and also from Holly. I have to admit, I wobbled at this point. He was doing all this for Holly. It was huge.

He was amazing. Top 20 in the swim and the whole course finished in 2hrs 45mins! We tried to support him at key points, he did not look amused by the run! This has got to be tough, I have so much admiration for him.

Holly had a fun, if tiring day. We all went back to Neil and Martinas for dinner and drinks in the garden. Holly was having so much fun she didn't want to come home. I had to practically drag her out at 10.30pm, even though her eyes were drooping. She was on her feet for a lot of the day and was totally, happily, exhausted by the end. I was bitten horrendously by the mossies (I think!) last night, and my foot has swelled up terribly. Although I am suffering, I am sure it is nothing compared to the athletes from yesterday. I am with you in spirit Neil!

We are off to Addenbrookes tomorrow for a check up so I will just leave you with my thoughts from yesterday.

Wow, wow, wow.............................

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly.
    Thank God you are home and doing well.
    I met your grandad in Waterville today, he was so delighted to see you home and doing well.
    Our love to you and you family. Say a special hello to your Mom and your gran. love John and Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete