Friday 6 November 2009

And The Winner Is.......



Holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly was the well deserved winner of the Child of Courage award at the Mercury Community Awards on Wednesday night.

It was an amazing night, very emotional. Holly was really nervous and all her earlier bravado deserted her as her category got closer. There were a few tears shed. Her prize is a night out to London to see Hairspray and then meet the cast on the 4th December. This is just 2 days after her birthday so it should be a great night. She also received some money to go shopping.

My lovely brother-in-law had also nominated me as Carer of the Year and I was totally gobsmacked to win it. I don't see myself as a carer, I'm just Holly's mum doing what any mum would do. My prize is a 2 night stay at Champneys Henlow Grange! I think he had second thoughts after I won though, as I will be taking my sis so he will be left with the kids (sorry Steve!).

I was so proud of her. It was a fantastic way to round off the last 9 months. A good night, with great friends, lovely food (and plenty of wine!)

I would also like to thank Val and Keith for the lovely cards. xx

1 comment: