Sunday 15 November 2009

Hectic Weekend

I can't believe its gone! Holly's Hickman line was taken out on Friday.

It was all very straightforward, Holly got a little upset before (this is normal, she always panics that she won't wake up from the anaesthetic). I found it very, very emotional. This line has, quite literally, saved her life. It has gone now.

Holly is very matter of fact, she just can't wait to have a proper shower and go swimming.

Holly spent the weekend with Dad and Kirsty and had a fab time at Lakeside (spending some of her winnings from last week).

I spent Saturday at New Scotland Yard at a conference all about Neuroblastoma. It was really interesting and some very eminent doctors spoke. There were a lot of positive things to take away and in particular a new antibody treatment that has just been approved and will be available from January. A lot to think about.

Holly will be back at school tomorrow. I, on the other hand will be spending the day at The Sanctuary in Covent Garden. This is an amazing spa that (along with Sis and Mum) I am going to be totally pampered at and (hopefully) completely relax. I want to say a huge thank you to my lovely Ben for being a fab dad, and looking after Izzy and Harry so well this weekend (and tomorrow!).

1 comment:

  1. Wow

    So much has happened Holly. I was with my mum and sister over the weekend and they were talking about how you had won the award and I said that they were confused because your site had not been updated (I normally get updates telling me if you have posted). So they sat me down and we looked at your blog and I saw all the updated that for some reason I had not been notified about.

    Well, what can I say? You look STUNNING in your photo and I am very proud of you for winning. I am also very excited about your line coming out - I totally relate to you Kerry about how emotional that must have been. Gabe's is still in and will be for the foreseeable but once out - swimming here we come!

    Hopefully we will see you really soon.

    Love Chris xxxxx

    ReplyDelete