Monday 11 May 2009

Calm Before The Tests

Since Hollys blood results were good on Thursday we have had a lovely relaxed weekend with no blood transfusions or nurses visits.

Holly is feeling better everyday and I am pleased to report her appetite is also improving daily, to the point I am struggling to keep up with all her demands!

The Little Monsters went to toddler group with Ben on Saturday (it is called Sat Dads) and I am sure that the nice women that run it are actually sympathetic social worker sorts trying to help the dads who just get their children on a weekend! Ben doesn't seem to mind, they loved it and he got a bacon sandwich (everyones happy).
Me and Holly had a nice chilled morning and we all spent the afternoon in the park.
Holly spent Saturday night at Dad and Kirstys and had a great time. She saw Hannah Montana on Sunday afternoon and apparently it was fab. She was worried I would miss out so she has told me she is quite happy to see it again with me!
She called me at 5pm on Sunday to tell me her insuflon (injection port in her leg where I inject her stem cell rescue into) had come out a bit and "wasn't right". Quite why this would be a problem on a Sunday night was a mystery to Holly, as I explained that the community nurses don't work all hours. The other option is to inject the needle directly into her leg, I was willing to give it a go but, surprisingly, Holly didn't share my optimism. Luckily our lovely neighbour (who is a midwife) was on hand and duly did the deed for me.

The nurse came round for Hollys bloods again today, they are good again and the great news is that her counts are recovering well without any transfusions.

Our next appointment is on Wedsnesday at Addenbrookes for Hollys hearing test (one if the side effects if the chemo can be hearing loss) and her MRI scan. We then have some more scans next week and a bone marrow biopsy when hopefully the Team can then make the decision regarding surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment