Friday 2 October 2009

Back At School

Well as the title says, Holly is back at school having sailed through radiotherapy.

I am so very proud of the way she has handled this stage of her treatment, and the positive way she has dealt with the travelling up to Addenbrookes every day.

She had a little wobble at the thought of going back in today and how she was going to answer the many questions sure to be asked of her. Not many people knew that she has cancer and that she was going to be off for radiotherapy. The teachers left it to Holly to tell people when she was ready. I am pleased to report that all went well today and most people now know the real reason for Holly's absence. She decided to tell them herself and they all took it in their stride (as most kids do). She has had a good day and settled back into the school routine (early start!) with no problems.

Heres to a good weekend, I am off out to a party tomorrow night (and very looking forward to it, it is within stumbling distance home but I have decided to behave myself!) and our curry afternoon is on Sunday. I am hopeful life will now be able to settle into a more "normal" routine and we can be a "normal" family again.

1 comment:

  1. Holly, it was amazing to see you and your mum today.

    You are an extraordinary young lady. You look fab in your school uniform - I only wish I had looked so trendy and pretty in my school uniform all those years ago! Hear hear to short skirts ( I say roll it up just one more roll ha ha)!

    Love Chris and Gabriel

    ReplyDelete