Friday 9 October 2009

Child Of Courage

I had a phone call from out local newspaper today to tell me that Holly has been nominated in their community awards for a "Child of Courage" award.

I saw these awards advertised a while ago and wrote a letter about Holly and everything she has been through. I have to admit to this letter being shamelessly about how proud I am of Holly, and how she has dealt with her treatment. She has also helped others in the same situation on the ward by talking to them and showing them things like her Hickman line and her wig. The paper obviously agreed with me and we will be attending an awards dinner on the 4th November where Holly will find out whether she has won.

Holly has had a good week and (apart from clinic) has managed to be at school all week. I have had a good (if hectic) week and it has been great to have a "normal" mums life. This week has revolved around Hollys school runs, Izzys pre-school runs and Harry's baby groups. He has also enjoyed his first full stay in the gym creche which has allowed me to enjoy getting back into the swing of the gym and classes. Thanks to a particularly intense spinning class I am now quite "saddle sore!".

I am looking forward to a night off tomorrow. Holly is going to Dads and Ben and I are actually going out together! We haven't had a night out for absolutely ages so, thanks to Nanna babysitting, we are going out for a chinese. I am really looking forward to a night out and spending some quality time together (along with a few glasses of wine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment