Saturday 13 February 2010

Frustrated

Well, guess what, I'm frustrated!

Thankfully Holly's GFR (kidney function) and heart echo tests all came back fine meaning that she can start TVD. However, due to the oral chemo she has been taking, her blood counts have now plummeted. They are too low for us to begin the TVD chemo so we have to wait until they come back up. It is impossible to know how long this will take but we should see what trend they are taking during next week. It feels like everything is taking so long. I feel as if we take one step forward and then get stuck!

As you can see by Holly's blogs she is remaining very strong and sleeping and facebooking her way through the days. Her hair has started falling out again this week and she is looking fairly dramatic. Ben has offered to take the clippers to her hair but, not surprisingly, she politely (not) declined. I think that she will be so fed up of hair falling all over her and her bed that she will be doing it herself soon. I have found the hair falling out harder than Holly has. It makes me sad watching it happen all over again, her new hair signified her health and now it is going.

We have had so many messages, texts and emails of support that I am sorry if I haven't replied to everybody. Please know we appreciate all your prayers and kind words and they mean so much.

2 comments:

  1. These delays will somehow be for a good reason - one that we just don't know yet.

    I am fresh home from hospital myself following emergency surgery yesterday! Normal does not last long in the Davies household. Will blog tomorrow when I am a bit stronger.

    Love to you all.

    C xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you all.You are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
    John and Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete