Tuesday 16 February 2010

TVD

Well, the best laid plans...................

Holly bloods were only slightly improved yesterday so I was completely surprised to get a phone call from Addenbrookes at 2pm to tell me Holly's bed was ready and could I bring her straight in! What! Holly was still asleep! It turns out that because the neuroblastoma is in the bone marrow her bloods would be unlikely to recover on their own so the decision was made to go ahead anyway. This is what I had been trying to say since Friday.

Now anyone that knows me knows that I like to be organised. I like my lists. I even write things on my list that I have already done just to have the satisfaction of crossing them off! A week in hospital takes planning. I have to make my lists, clothes / meds / food. I had no lists, aaarrrhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I got Holly up, organised our stuff and we were out of the door in an hour. Pretty good I reckon. It was a good thing Ben was working at home as he speedily phoned his boss to explain he wouldn't be around for a few hours as he had to put his "daddy" hat on. Mum was also summonsed into action and she was packing to come and stay for the rest of the week with the Little Ones. Harry is delighted, he loves his nanna (she calls him Happy on her predictive text, makes me smile every time). Not so sure nanna will still be smiling as its half term week so no respite!

The chemo lasts 5 days and the first few are the T part - Topotecan. It is just a half an hour bag but it has produced some impressive green sick already. Holly is feeling pretty rough and sick most of the time. I am hoping all the anti-sickness will start to help soon as she is just miserable.

2 comments:

  1. Thrilled you are back in Holly although not thrilled the sickness has started.

    I love a list too Kerry - and also get satisfaction writing down what i have already done so I can cross them off - hard to believe there are two of us on the planet who do that!

    Thinking of you this week.

    Lots of love

    Chris xxx

    I have bought lots of teenager girl stuff for the bravery box (nail varnishes, bronzing beads etc - just need to get them to Addenbrooke's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry & Holly,
    Thinking of you lots for the week ahead. Hope the sickness calms down really quickly.
    Lots and lots of love

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete