Tuesday 9 February 2010

Hickman Line In

Well, as the title says, my new hickman line has been inserted. Early yesterday afternoon I was taken down to theatre and was very upset :(

Before I was put to sleep they gave me something through my canula to make me feel relaxed but that didn't seem to make a difference, so they gave me something else and it made me feel so sleepy and relaxed I fell asleep before the white stuff as I call it, went in!

I was very sore and stiff when I woke up and couldn't move easily at all. Amos had said that I would have to stay over night on the ward as I did not go into surgery untill the afternoon, but of course there had to be a drama! They did not have any beds on C2 so mum said we should book into a hotel near Addenbrookes as she did not want to drive over an hour away when I was in such a bad state.

We did not have to do that when we got a bed on COU - Childrens Observation Unit. The 5-bed ward was very noisy at night as there were people coming & going all night, cleaners banging and crashing all night and the phone ringing all night!

Today I had a ultra sound on my heart and that was all fine, then a GFR - Kidney Function Test and also the doctors wanted an ultra sound of my tummy/back area as I have been getting pain in my back, but that was all fine too!

It has been a really long couple of days and I am really glad to be home and back in my own bed and be able to have facebook!

I am feeling so much better now and I am going to to bed, night everyone! xxxx

2 comments:

  1. All our love, prayers and thoughts are with dear Holly on her journey. Stay strong and hold on tight.
    Love Gabriel's Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked your blog for the first time since before Christmas. It did not have the news I was hoping to hear. Holly, however, seems to be keeping her chin up, and that is important as well as encouraging. Dr. Amos likewise seems to be a fine person to have in charge of her care. I am terribly sorry that she has to endure chemotherapy again, but I'll pray even harder that this second round will be the one to rout this disease forever.

    I am glad that you have the support of family and friends nearby. Be aware too that others farther away are also giving their support.

    Cousin Tom

    ReplyDelete