Monday 9 March 2009

A frustrating day

As the title suggests today has been a very frustrating day. Holly needed a platelet transfusion which was going to be at Lister on Saturday but as she had no symptons (nose bleeds, bruising etc) they decided she could wait until today. That way the platelets would be all ready and waiting for us to come in at 10am for the 30mins transfusion and then be on our way. I called at 9am to check all was ok only to discover that said platelets had not been ordered and they would call me. We were eventually asked to come in at 2pm, then more waiting, transfusion and then eventually home at 6pm! I felt bad because I had arranged for little ones to be looked after (thanks nanna and auntie C) and the day had just got away with me. Holly, however, was not phased by any of this and spent most of her time texting on her new phone (thanks dad!), even when the nurse was talking to her (I soon put a stop to this however).

She is still feeling very well and had a lovely dinner out with dad, Kirsty, Nana and Nanu.

Tomorrow we are due to become residents once again of ward C2 at Addenbrookes for the 3rd dose of chemo. I am hoping this will only be a 3 night stay once again. Having just spent all afternoon at Lister I can only thank god our main treatment is in Cambridge as it is pure luxury in comparison. In a strange way I am looking forward to being back in C2 as I feel very comforted by the great team of nurses and doctors and I know Holly does too.

That said I will, of course, miss my lovely babies (and Ben) but know that they are all being looked after (thanks nanna), and I know I am where I need to be.

A little funny to end on, Izzy (after being horrified at Bens new lack of hair) asked if the doctors had taken Daddys hair away like they did to Holly, it made me realise that even though she is only 2 she is more aware of what is going on than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment