Monday 23 March 2009

Home

Sunday

I never in a million years would have imagined spending Mothers Day in hospital, especially in a childrens cancer ward, but I will never forget this Mothers Day.

I opened my cards (which I had brought with me), one from each of the children. Holly then gave me my "surprise". It was a beautiful card, which I could see she had worked so hard on. It was such an intricate, delicate card which, from someone who gets bored drawing a picture, I will treasure forever.

The best present was when the docs came round and gave us the go ahead to go home later that day. I decided to leave early to go and say thanks to my lovely mum and then come home to spend time with the Little Monsters (and Ben!) before bed. They had bought me the most wonderful bouquet of flowers (Im sure Ben had a hand in that!) which rounded the day off very nicely.

Holly stayed with dad until her hydration had finished, and was out by 5pm. This was the shortest stay we have had on the same amount of chemo so heres hoping it continues.


Monday

Other than the fact that Holly isnt at school I could almost have convinced myself we were any normal family today. No nurse visit / no hospital just a normal day (Tescos etc!). Although I do have to say I am missing those school runs and wish Holly could be just like her friends again (stroppy, moody and always late!). Holly has enjoyed herself today and has been in really good spirits. She went to dad and Kirstys for lunch and also saw Nana and Nanu. She went and put some flowers outside Jades house, this is a story particularly close at the moment.
Tomorrow the nurse will come and take blood to check her levels and I am sure that at some point in the week we will have to go to Lister/Addenbrookes for a top up.

It is so lovely to be home x

2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone. Just having a read what you have all been up to, sounds hectic, as usual. Happy mothers day to a beautiful lovely mum. In our thoughts every day xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry, I have been reading your blog and thinking of you loads. You are all amazing in the way you are dealing with such a tough situation. Holly must have inherited her level head from you. You should be extremely proud of yourself and her.
    It is great to read how well she is coping with all the treatment. She seems to be a real tough cookie.
    Take care, lots of love.
    Denise
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete