Thursday 9 April 2009

A Lovely Few Days

It has been wonderful being at home with Holly and the Little Monsters this week. Holly is feeling well, although tired after a hectic day yesterday, and we have tried to make the most of some nice weather before we are back in ward C2 from tomorrow.

Yesterday morning was spent at my lovely friend Janes house for tea and a chat. I brought Holly and the Little Monsters and Jane had her 2 youngest there, the gorgeous Angel and Red. Now Jane lives in the most wonderful cottage, with low ceilings, original features and it is absolutely full of feminine touches. She has fairy lights and candles all over and it is a little boys paradise! As she will soon discover, little boys who have just started crawling are drawn to all these things like moths to a flame (or flies to ....!) Holly fell totally in love with the cottage and wants Jane to adopt her now! (I think Jane was quite glad when we went, only joking).

I had offered to take Holly and a friend out for the afternoon, so it was decided that Pizza Hut and the cinema were the favoured options. Lunch was great and it was nice to see Holly eating her monies worth from the buffet! We then went to see Marley & Me. What a lovely film but, omg it was so sad. I have to admit that I cried loads. I thought it would upset the girls but they seemed to take great delight in nudging each other and pointing at me every time I sniffed. I knew they were plotting something though and I was right. The afternoon out turned into a sleepover. They had loads of fun and it was lovely to see Holly enjoying the normal things every 11yr old girl should be enjoying. When we got home there was an answerphone message from one of the doctors at Addenbrookes to tell me that she had looked at Hollys MRI scan from last week and it was "looking better and we would talk when she saw me". This was a lovely end to a great day.

The nurse came today to do Hollys bloods. The results are all fine and we are back in Addenbrookes tomorrow for the Easter weekend for our next lot of chemo. All being well we should be out on Sunday or Monday.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a lovely few days. Jayden also went to see Marly and me, she said it was so sad we should NOT go and see it - I could have warned you!! Happy Easter to Holly, Izzy and Harry from the girls. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly, the two monsters and of course mummy.
    It was great to see you all the other day, Holly you looked absolutely beautiful in your new sandals and painted toe nails. How funny that you like earl grey and sat there with me and your mum having a cup of it (very grown up). Your brother and sister were very funny with Angel trying to boss them about. Must get together again real soon. Have a great easter together and eat loads of chocolate. Love always. Great fantastic amazing news about the MRI scan. xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, Kerry and family.
    Received your card today (the boys brought it to Norfolk this weekend). It would be good to see Holly soon - call me as soon as it's possible.
    Love
    Claron and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi holly its rachael (lyn nd simon)
    hvent seen you for ages
    hope to see you soon!!
    xx rachael xx
    p.s u look gr8 in thoses pic!!!!!!!XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am very sory to hear the news about last night
    i reamber u lots
    u realy would not know me but i know u
    im robyn just moved up from class a
    st pauls school
    i will never forget u
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete