Wednesday 1 April 2009

MRI

Today was a day I have been dreading. The MRI scan.

We had to leave early to be at Addenbrookes for 8.45am. Holly was understandably tired and I was on edge as I know how hard the MRI scan is. This is a scan where she lies on a scanner and goes into a tunnel and it is extremely noisy. She was fab! Had a little wobble when we first went in but that was over with straight away. She then proceeded to lie still through all the noises while they scanned the various parts of her body. We were in there for the best part of an hour. I have to say we were both very pleased when it was over.

Then it was back to the day unit for her next bit of chemo. This was just a 4hr chemo with no hydration so (like yesterday) we were in and out in a day. She has been fine, no sickness today and it has been great not having to be admitted to C2. It went quite quickly as we mananged to pass the time with a film and lots of chat with various people.

Holly has been quite busy. She is exploring her new laptop and experimenting with new tasks. Her latest has been a little film for youtube. Please, if you have a minute, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH8y_3DKzm4

She did this all by herself and just presented me with the finished article. I have to say it made me cry. I am so proud of my amazing little girl. Not so little now though, she has become so grown up in the last couple of months. I find myself overwhelmed with sadness that my little girl has had to grow up so much and see things that no child should have to see. I wish that the hardest decision she had to make was who her best friend was going to be this week!

It has been a really long day so I will keep this brief (also The Apprentice has already started!). Our next lot of chemo is not until next Friday so it looks that (fingers crossed) we have a good long spell at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment