Sunday 28 June 2009

Day 6


Holly had an ok night, much the same as previous nights. Although there isn't a marked improvement in how she is feeling, she isn't any worse. The docs have once again re-iterated that by the end of this week she should be feeling better.

She has had a quiet day but has managed to watch some tv. Her mouth is still very sore so they are trying some new mouthwash medication that should help ease the pain. She must have had fun with Dad and Kirsty today because, once again, I was told my presence wasn't needed tonight and it would be ok if I came back tomorrow. This was fine with me, I am feeling a little tired and could do with a good nights sleep.

We have had a wonderful day today. Julie and Louise had organised a sponsored 80s aerobathon in aid of Holly and the Neuroblastoma Society. Myself and Izzy decided to take part (only for the last hour!) and we had a blast. Harry also enjoyed himself as you can see from the picture. I was very overwhelmed to see so many people taking part. The Neuroblastoma charity needs all the publicity it can get as it gets very little funding. The local paper came down and took photos and Holly is hoping to get her story in print! Izzy proved herself to be naturally talented and co-ordinated...

I am back to Cambridge tomorrow morning feeling refreshed and ready to face the next week. Many thanks for all your kind wishes and messages. They are much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time. You made my day when you turned up. Izzy was so funny and little H enjoyed himself (though I think he tired himself out with al the excitment!) Hope all goes well next week and Holly starts to feel better . Ju XX

    ReplyDelete