Friday 19 June 2009

Day Minus 3

Holly had a bad night last night. The constant vomiting left her in a lot of pain in her throat and sinuses. She eventually slept from around midnight til 7am when the sickness started again.

I have to admit seeing her so rough has knocked me. I knew it was going to be hard but nothing has prepared me for this.

When the docs came round I explained how much pain she was in when actually being sick. Mike decided to go straight for the hard stuff and prescibed her some morphine. I couldn't believe the difference! Within 5 minutes she had a silly smile on her face and was saying she was ok. It was the first smile I have seen for days (albeit drug induced) and it was very welcome. She has been in a lot better spirits this afternoon and, although she has been sick a few times, it doesn't hurt. She even demanded a diet coke (I miss her being bossy and demanding). Her chemo is nearly finished now and her tpn feeding is due to start. This will take the pressure off worrying about her not eating. The sickness has eased this afternoon so today has definitely been a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment