Saturday 20 June 2009

Day Minus 2

Well the drugs are certainly working.

Last night after her cocktail of anti-sickness and morphine she slept really well. Her temperature decided to spike about midnight so the doc came and had a look at her to see if there was any obvious infection. None found but it is very common after this much chemo so antibiotics were started as a precaution.

She has basically just slept and slept, which is what she needs. Her little body has been through so much this week and I think sleep is the best escape. The sickness has eased right off today and her temperature has been under control so it looks like the sleep is really helping.

Dad and Kirsty came up to stay this morning which has enabled me to come home for the weekend. I did feel guilty (what with being a mum and a Catholic guilt is a permanent fixture!) for leaving her, but I needed to spend some time with the Little Monsters and Ben. I know she is fine and she is probably glad to get a break from me fussing. As long as all is ok I will go back tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

  1. Kerry, you have to go home and get time out of what is a very challenging environment. You are doing a fabulous job but those little monsters need you too. Believe me, I constantly felt guilty for leaving Gabe and then I constantly felt guilty when I left Little Sister... which meant I always felt guilty. Being a catholic too I am more than accustomed to feeling that way ha ha.

    I am coming in to the day unit on Tuesday (although I am going to try and move that to Monday). Fancy a coffee? Also, I have some gifts for Holly from the Davies 4 and Aunty Toe - I expect Gabe will want to prepare a work of art for Holly's wall too!

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete