Sunday 14 March 2010

So Sad

I thought some of the other blogs have been hard to write but this is the hardest ever.

Holly had a bone marrow aspirate on Friday morning to see what was happening as she just isn't getting better. Amos did it himself. Holly has had loads of aspirates and I have never ever seen Amos do it. It is usually a member of his team. I think I already knew, so did he. He wanted to do it himself and check it as soon as possible. We got the results at lunchtime.

The TVD hasn't worked. The neuroblastoma has progressed and is now just too aggressive. Her counts have never recovered (and they were too low to begin with). Her bone marrow just doesn't work anymore. Her body is too tired. We are out of options.

Holly is aware of what this means, she is such an amazing brave little girl. No mother should have to tell her 12year old that, no 12year old should have to hear that.

We are now working on getting her comfortable and getting her home.

I can't write any more.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kerry and Holly,
    I hope you don't mind me writing, I have been following your blog for a while having heard of your through a friend.
    I am so so sorry for your news, I cannot begin to understand how painful this must be for you all.
    I just wanted to thank you both for your bravery. I know from the way my friend speaks of you that you have been a tremendous source of strength and friendship to her and her family and anyone following your blog will see how incredible you both are in being able to share such a personal journey with the world.
    I wish you peace and many happy memories to cherish and the knowledge that you are held dear in the hearts of many that you never even met and yet have inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Kerry, this was the news I never thought i'd hear. It is so so unfair and I can't imagine your heartache. But even now, your bravery and strength shines through and you are a true inspiration. Holly is a special child and she has affected many people with her true courage and beauty and she will go on touching people's lives every day forever Kerry.

    I just can't find any more words at the moment Kerry, so simply, I am sorry and I wish you all the love in the world.

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kerry and Holly, I just felt the need to write after reading your blog. I am so very sorry to hear this and I wanted you to know that we are thinking of you, praying for you. Holly is a beautiful girl, and such a good girl (all those swim runs and always so well behaved). You are both so very brave, thank you for your strength in sharing this with us. Sending you all my love and friendship, Sarah X

    ReplyDelete