Wednesday 17 March 2010

We Are Home

We came home yesterday.

As Holly cannot walk she came home in an ambulance. Blue lighted to avoid the traffic, it is a shame she is so poorly because she would have really enjoyed that. She was more concerned about being dropped by the two lovely ambulancemen carrying her up the stairs!

Once she was in her own bed her agitation eased and she seemed to sink into her pillows with relief. She is very weak and totally exhausted. Her nose seems to be permanently bleeding as are various other parts of her body. Her platelets are now non existant so her blood isn't able to clot.

Harry and Izzy came home to find Holly back and were so excited, they ran round her and were up on the bed to get close to her. I think Harry seemed to know because he was uncharacteristically gentle with her. She got a little fed up with them after a while and they were removed swiftly into the bath. I think short doses is the way forward!

Vince and Kirsty stayed with Holly most of the evening and then I slept next to her. She needs someone with her at all times, if only for reassurance.

We are getting great support with visits every day from the nurses at Addenbrookes and our wonderful Community team.

It can't explain how good it is to have her home, this is where she belongs.

9 comments:

  1. Holly has one piece of good fortune, that is to have a wonderful mum like you to help her through all these troubles. I guess this is what mums are for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Holly is so brave and lucky to have such a loving family around her! Thinking of you all Kerry XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words, just thinking of you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly couldnt wish for a better mum than you. I'm so totally heartbroken for you kerry, you are so incredibly brave , my heart goes out to you all. She is at home, with her beautiful family , where she belongs. Thinking of you always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly's at home where she feels safest & has her wonderful family around her! All our good wishes, Emma, Berenice & Callum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your news has made me very sad, but my feelings cannot match the pain you must be feeling. You are fortunate that Holly is so brave, and Holly is fortunate to have you as her mother. I am grateful that the support services available to all of you have been strong; coping without them would be terribly hard.

    God bless you all and give you continued strength. Let Holly know that, although I have never had the good fortune to meet her, I care about her and she is in my prayers.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerry i had to write, we have been following Holly's Journey since it started and are amazed at the bravery and courage you have both shown time and time again. Both myself and Catherine and Jack who are in Singapore send you all our love and prayers.
    May God bless you all.
    with love The Folleys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kerry,
    You and Holly are brave wonderful people. You have written a beautiful, heartfelt trully inspiring blog. I have never met you but I feel I know you from reading your story.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all,
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Kerry,
    I hope you don't mind me contacting you, I'm Claire, Fran & Derek's daughter. Mum & Dad have been keeping me updated with Holly's progress over the last months & I'm so terribly sorry to hear the latest news. My thoughts are with you all and I hope that it's some comfort for Holly and the family that she's back home with you all.
    I'll be running the Brighton Marathon on April 18th and hope to raise some sponsorship from friends and family and at work. I was wondering whether there was any particular charity or organisation which you and Holly have been involved with, for which I could run in aid of? Holly is such a brave, dignified and inspiring girl that it would be a pleasure to help people who have helped her. With very best wishes, Claire xx

    ReplyDelete