Thursday 2 July 2009

Day 10

Me again.

Another ok night, a few shouts but nothing major.

Holly has slept on and off all morning, again sleeping through the doctors rounds. They are getting quite used to her grunts when they ask her anything. They were pleased again with her and said she is doing great. Her mouth is slowing improving and I am hoping she may be able to try a drink tomorrow.

She has been very bright this afternoon, watching tv and on the computer. She even picked a couple of things out on the Next website. I think she senses I am in a weak position and is making the most of it. She knows she is well set for maximum indulgence, and I think she deserves it!

She is currently very happily watching Katie and Peter on the tv.

Its been a good day but being on C2 inevitably brings sad news as well. One set of parents and their son have left today with very bad news. It is a sad reminder of how horrible cancer is and my heart goes out to them. It is the very news we all dread being told here.

However, (I feel very selfish saying this), I am going to savour the fact that Holly is getting better every day at the moment and pray that it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment