Saturday 11 July 2009

Day 19

Last night was not very nice. For the third time Holly managed to sick up her nose tube at midnight. We (and the nurses) decided enough was enough and, as no medicines were needed, made the decision to leave the new tube until the morning.

This played on my mind a bit and I have to admit to having a really awful nights sleep. Holly had an ok sleep, slightly disturbed and restless but generally ok.

Holly needed platelets so we had to wait for them to be done before it was ok to do the new NG tube. Once done Holly visibly relaxed and was happy for me to go home. I eventually got back at 1.30pm and have had a lovely afternoon. We took the Little Ones to see the animals at the garden centre and they have played all afternoon.
Holly did text me to let me know that the tube was back out but she wasn't too concerned. A new one will have to go in later for her medicines. She has also managed to get out and about this afternoon and had a little shopping spree in the hospital shops.

She is still doing really well and the tummy is the only problem for her at the moment. The doctor told her this morning that she was doing so well, even if she didn't feel it. He has assured her that the tummy issue will get better, it will just be a slow process.

She has managed to have her new tube and her medicines tonight. This was short lived however. The tube lasted half an hour. At least her meds are in, this looks like becoming the pattern for the next few days!

I am savouring being at home, and am typing this in my lovely huge bed. I have certainly become much more appreciative of all the things I took for granted before. Holly said earlier that she just wanted to come home, I can completely agree. She will be here soon.

1 comment:

  1. Really glad you got to get home Kerry, enjoy the rest of your weekend. We really hope that next week Holly starts to feel a bit better. We will be thinking you. Loads a luv Julie XXXXX

    ReplyDelete