Friday 17 July 2009

Day 25

At the risk of sounding very boring I am delighted to report another good night.

Holly woke feeling a bit sick but was immediately buoyed by the thought of getting out for a few hours this afternoon.
I did suggest, as she was feeling well, that she go into the school here for an hour this morning. This was dismissed as there was something much more important going on. It was Fern's last day on This Morning! This was not to be missed and I have to admit to watching too, Phil and Fern have been a happy distraction for the last 5 weeks.

The docs were very late on their rounds today and then thought it would be highly amusing to tell Holly that her neutrophils were below 1 (this would mean she was not allowed out!). Holly saw the funny side, I however was slower on the uptake and was about to crawl under the bed and hide. Once established as a joke we were given the all clear for our afternoon out.

We came home for the afternoon, it was great. Izzy and Harry were delighted to see their sister and the feeling was mutual. I had a lump in my throat watching all my children together again, as it should be. Izzy was drawing a picture of Holly on the etch a sketch and trying to work out what the new tube on her face was. She was examining Hollys new very bald head and said it was ok don't worry, she had found Holly's hair, it was over there on the couch!

Holly was also delighted to see that she is in our local newspaper. The Hertfordshire Mercury have covered the Aerobathon that my friend Julie organised for the Neuroblastoma charity and they have done a lovely article about Holly and she has her picture in print. I am going to take a copy to the hospital to put up on the wall.

Holly has now gone back to Addenbrookes with Dad and Kirsty. She has sent me a text and all is ok. I did have to send her a few texts back to establish this, as I didn't quite understand her messages. She uses as few as letters as possible (as per MSN) and I think I am just too old!

I am now in my lovely huge bed nursing a very sore back. It has been very bad this afternoon so I am hoping it improves after a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

  1. How funny - I love the logic of little kids - I am still chuckling about Holly's hair being "over there on the couch".

    You will be home soon - keep going - you are on the home straight x

    ReplyDelete