Saturday 18 July 2009

Day 26

Holly had a good night and again woke feeling a little sick.

She has been fine though and the docs remain pleased with her. Her nose tube has stayed in and she is still tolerating her tummy feeds well. The dieticians have said they are going to stop her TPN feeding (through her Hickman line) as the NG (tummy) feeds are going so well. This should ensure she starts to feel more hungry but there is no pressure as the NG feed will provide her with calories.

I had a very enjoyable morning catching up with domestic chores and taking Izzy for the big Tescos shop. Just doing this normal weekly task was fun, Izzy was great company and we really had some fun.

After lunch Harry had his sleep. Izzy wanted a rest with Mummy and Daddy, so we all went up to our bed and had a lovely rest. We were all snoozing along very nicely when something disturbed me, I opened my eyes and Holly was there! OMG I thought it was a dream but there she was, smiling at me. The docs had said she could go out for the afternoon again so she thought she would pop home to collect her wig. It was all quite surreal because my mum had also popped over to collect her car and as she was leaving (while we were all asleep upstairs!) she let Holly in. It doesn't say much for our "on alert" capacities. Anything could have been going on and I think we would have just slept through! It was wonderful to see her and she looked great. She has now gone back to the hospital after some cheesy pasta and a sausage with Dad and Kirsty.

We took the kids to see the animals at the garden centre and then dinner at Auntie Clares. Much fun was had, but they were certainly ready for bed by 7.

I am feeling better today, my back has eased and I am hoping it will stay that way. I also want to say a belated Happy Birthday to Julie (my wonderful friend who organised the aerobathon), I am so sorry I forgot, it's been a long week is my only excuse. I will make it up her with a night out very soon hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment