Wednesday 8 July 2009

Day 16

Holly had a really good night and seemed to wake really refreshed.

The first thing she said to me was that she was thirsty. This was music to my ears as she hasn't eaten or drunk anything for weeks. She has managed sips throughout the day and even had a wotsit! Only a small thing but a huge milestone for her both physically and mentally.

She has been awake all day, another first for weeks. This is probably due to the fact she is feeling better and her morphine is at a very low level now. The sickness is still hanging around but it is a bit better today.

Kirsty came up to visit armed with a huge balloon and some presents. Holly's room looks amazing and she really deserves it.

I went into Cambridge for a wander. I walked for miles (getting a little lost in the process). My feet are killing me as I had totally inappropriate footwear on, this will be no surprise to anyone that knows me! It was a lovely afternoon and I certainly feel I know Cambridge (and its shops) a bit better now!

Holly's improvement has made this a good day.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you managed to get into Cambridge for a look around.

    Holly is making amazing progress - don't you just love cheesy watsits? Amazing how we celebrate our children eating junk when they have been so ill - I don't think people who have not had a child on chemo will truly understand the joy of seeing a cheesy watsit being consumed. Keep being strong Holly - one day you will look back at this and know what strong people you and your mum (and Dad and Kirsty) are.

    Love Chris x

    ReplyDelete