Wednesday 15 July 2009

Day 23

Holly had another good night.

She has been feeling good all day (although a bit queasy). She has only been sick once but has managed to keep her tube down. She has managed a few crisps, a bit of banana and some sweets.

Her neutrophils are up again so we were allowed out this afternoon. She wanted to explore the hospital (again) and had me taking her all over the place. She seems to have a particularly gruesome need to see the worst places possible and insisted on me taking her up to see all the theatres and also the intensive care units! Quite what she expected to see through the doors I'm not sure. I think she was expecting an episode of ER going on in front of her! I am just waiting for what she wants to see tomorrow (I wouldn't be surprised if the mortuary was mentioned!).

The docs have said that if she continues improving this way we could look at going home late next week. This would be wonderful, a light at the end of a very long tunnel for Holly. Our consultant has also said he is quite happy (as long as things stay the same) for Holly to go to her Leavers Mass on Friday. We are keeping everything crossed that this comes to fruition, Holly truly deserves it.

I just also want to say a huge thanks and good luck to my wonderful Mum and Sister who are running Race for Life tonight in Hollys name. I wish I could be with them running (or walking) for this great cause, I will definitely be there next year. I would truly pay good money to see them!

2 comments:

  1. This blog really made me chuckle - I can just picture the pair of you wondering around the hospital grounds looking for a bit of hospital drama.

    I really have everything crossed that Holly will make it to the Leavers Mass x Keep strong both of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your mum and sister good luck for the race for life. Heres hoping Holly will be able to come home next week - touch wood and fingers crossed! Have a lovely day tomorrow at your leavers mass Holly . XXX

    ReplyDelete