Monday 6 July 2009

Day 14

Holly had quite a good night. Now that her morphine has been reduced by quite a bit the night time shouts have diminished. She has always been one for shouting in her sleep so I don't think they will go away completely.

Monday is quite daunting. Usual doctors rounds consist of 2 doctors. On Mondays there are a few doctors and there were 3 consultants. That many people in our small room was quite a sight. Our consultant was very pleased with Holly and even went as far as to say that her progress was "impressive". More good news later this afternoon, Hollys neutrophils were 1.91, she is officially out of isolation! Not that she is going anywhere, she is still sleeping a lot and has no intention of being anywhere other than bed!

Unfortunately she managed to sick up her nose tube this evening but had another put in with no bother. She is getting quite used to it now.

Holly decided she wanted to watch Teenagers Fighting Cancer on C4 tonight. She does seem to have a gruesome fascination to watch anything about cancer. I suppose it is understandable, I just worry she will find it all too upsetting. She was fine. I was not. It was shown from the perspectives of the children and also the parents and it was all a bit close to home.

I decided to get away from it all and escape to the parents room for some dinner and something light and airy on tv. However there was another very upset parent in there and we talked for quite a while. I hope I helped but it has left me feeling quite sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment