Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day 22

Another very good night.

Holly felt sick this morning and managed to bring the dreaded tube up. After a pretty painless re-insertion order was restored and she has tolerated her increased feed today. She has managed to eat a little today. some ice cream and a mini cheddar. Also a starburst. Still only a small amount but we are getting there.

Holly had a visitor today. Dad came to see her as she had told him yesterday on MSN that she fancied a trifle! He has brought her some but they haven't been sampled yet. She wanted to go out for a wander again this afternoon but due to her not having had any special stem cell rescue meds (GCSF) for the last 2 days her neutrophils had dropped below 1 and she wasn't allowed out. They have given her GCSF tonight so they will be back up again tomorrow. This is completely normal and usually has to be given every other day, so the fact that she went 2 days without it is good. To say she was not happy was an understatement. She managed to get over it when I got her a magnum (and chocolate buttons). My stroppy little madam certainly came back a bit today (I am secretly very grateful for this).

It should be Hollys last week at school today and, as she is in year 6, she would be leaving to go onto secondary school. I am so sad she has missed so much of this special year in this wonderful school. She has grown up there and become a very special, clever young lady. I am hoping, if all is ok, that she may be able to get out of hospital for a few hours on Friday to go to the Leavers Mass and say goodbye to all her friends and teachers. This is dependant on her blood counts and outside factors such as swine flu etc... Wig has been duly washed and straightened in readiness, I hope she gets a chance to wear it.

2 comments:

  1. I hope and pray that Holly is able to attend her Leaver's Mass.It would be lovely for her to see her friends and teachers.Sounds like she is doing really well.
    Love Gabriel's Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Im Lindsey Kennedy a teaching assistant at St Pauls. Ive had the pleasure of knowing Holly since the day she started at St Pauls. Ask her if she still remembers when she first had to wear glasses! She was in Mrs Pinks I think it was and she just didnt want to wear those glasses and we spent many hours sitting inbetween the coats in the infants with me trying to persuade her to wear them. We would swop glasses and look at each other then she wold put hers on and say ok ill wear them in class now and as soon as we would get to the door off they would come and we would have to start off all over again! Please tell her ill miss her walking pass the office at a lunch time and having a little chat and telling me when her grandad would be over again (Im the one who has a pub in Lord Street please say hi to your dad for me). Im sorry that I am unable to go to the mass on Friday and I hope that Holy will be well enough to make it. Please tell her that she has always been one of my favourites and that I hope that she feels better soon. Perhaps when she is out of hospital and she feels up to it she couuld come with you to the pub and we coud sit in the garden and have a coke and a chat together! Please send her my love and that I wish her well xxx

    ReplyDelete