Monday 20 July 2009

Day 28

The doctors have said we may be coming home on Wednesday!

As Holly is doing so well they don't see any problem with us going home this week. All her meds can be done by herself, and platelets can be done at the local hospital. I can give her any additional meds, and I have now been shown how to set up and give her NG tube feed. This will be given overnight until she is up and eating normally again. It is quite easy to do and I am willing to learn whatever, to ensure that we can do as much as possible at home.

I am looking round our room, wondering how on earth we have accumulated so much stuff, and how we are going to pack it all up!

Holly has done well today. She hasn't felt very sick and has managed to eat 2 bags of skips, an ice cream and some banana. This is so good compared to the last month, I am hopeful that the NG tube shouldn't be for too long.

I have had an enjoyable evening in the parents room tonight with some of my C2 friends. We have had a gossip and a laugh over a few glasses (ok white plastic cups) of pimms. I think some of the new parents were a bit bemused by how we could be cheerful, but they will come to see it is all part of the process. I get great comfort from the solidarity here. Holly was so engrossed in her tv and computer that she was quite happy for me to leave her. This also shows how far Holly has come over the last 5 months. She is so comfortable here now.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah hurrah hurrah

    This has made my day - fingers crossed for Wednesday.

    Glad to hear that I was not the only parent lured by alcohol while incarcerated in C2 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. I'm keeping everything crossed for you! You must be so happy to be getting back to home life. XX

    ReplyDelete