Friday 10 July 2009

Day 18


Holly had a good night, just waking to ask me to re-tape her nose tube as it was a bit loose.

She is now off her morphine and is only on the general meds which are normal during the stem cell process. She has been awake all day and managed some more sips of drink again too. Still not eating but has tolerated a special feed into her tummy which should build the tummy up so it is less sensitive.

Holly decided she wanted to do some baking and, as nothing is too much trouble here, all ingredients and utensils were duly brought. She had great fun making the cakes and decorating them. The best thing of all was that she came out of her room (for the first time since she was in isolation 3wks ago) and distributed them to her friends and the nurses. We also went into the garden for some much needed fresh air, until Holly informed me that she was bored and wanted to go back and watch Come Dine With Me!

This evening has been really tough for me. Holly was sick and had to have a new nose tube down. The nurses had some probs testing it was in the right place, so after much poking and prodding (and waking Holly up) it was declared ok. 3 minutes later she was sick and up it came again! By this time it was gone 9pm and another tube was needed. Holly was so upset and frustrated that this keeps happening, and I just feel so helpless. I have to admit this tube saga is now getting me down, and I am trying so hard to be positive. I have had a few tears tonight and am feeling overwhelmed. I know that getting home tomorrow will be a huge boost for me and I am counting down the days until I can bring Holly back with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment