Saturday 25 July 2009

Home


Its been a whirlwind couple of days. Getting back into the swing of "normality" has been very welcome.

Normal, however, is different. Our normal means almost daily nurses visits and blood counts. Our normal (we were told) would be regular visits to the local hospital for platelets and blood transfusions. Luckily, this hasn't happened this week. Holly's counts have remained good so no transfusions have been needed. We have been able to be at home, go shopping (Holly is very good at this!) and go out.

I have got to grips with all the meds, 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening (6 at the weekend). Holly has got to grips with her ng tube (flushing it and putting in her meds). I have mastered her feed and pump. I think we are achieving "normal".

Holly has spent today at Dad and Kirstys and has had a great time.

I spent the afternoon at a steam rally near Hemel Hempstead. It was a fab day, Harry loved all the engines and tractors. He was amazed at the shire horses and the big balloon. It was all for charity. When Holly is stronger I am sure she would love it (she gave me a look that said not when I asked her!).

Another huge thank you to my friends Julie and Louise. They organised and did the aerobathon for Holly and the Neuroblastoma society. They came round today with the proceeds, amazing generosity from everyone. We are all totally chuffed.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this picture - your 3 lovely children happy together.

    I am running the Race for Life this morning - I am running for Gabriel, but Holly, I am running for you too. You are brave, beautiful and strong young lady.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture, brought a tear to my eye. They all look so beautiful and very happy to be together.
    love always xxxxx

    ReplyDelete